Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WORD TO THE WISE

For anyone who might want to try the delicious Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla recipe that I talked about yesterday I have a couple of tips. I consider myself to be a pretty good cook but this cooking and flipping these big ol quesadillas on the stove was not working for me. So here is what I did.......

Once you have the black bean and corn mixture cooked and ready, lay a tortilla on a flat baking sheet that has is sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese over tortilla and then put bean and corn mixture over cheese. Then, add the top tortilla. Turn your oven on broil and pop the quesadilla in. Keep a close eye on it and once it starts to turn brown and crispy and everything is melted take it out. Then what I did was I cut the quesadilla into four pieces with a pizza cutter and then used a spatula to flip each piece over and then put them back into the oven for no more than a minute. This way both sides got crispy and it actually looked like a quesadilla.

These were really really really good. And once I figured out how to cook them I felt much better about myself. Ha! Definitely give them a try!

2 comments:

Sweet Carolina Bride said...

Thanks for the tip!

Love your blog!

Hopsy said...

These sounded so good so thank you for your tip! I had never thought to broil!!